Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My mama said I came into this world with a fat, dimpled bootie! Yep...4 lbs and apparently all of it landed in my rump! It has been my albatross. Oh how I longed to have a small fanny. Over the years I have done everything to camoflague it. (Just a FYI...nothing, and I mean nothing, works)!!! Whether I was 100 pounds or 200 pounds (yep, that part is true too) it was still there just waiting to attract attention. Not the good kind either. All during my teenage years I prayed I would wake up one day with a small set of hips. When that didn't work, I prayed that God would give me the confidence it would take to be able to get through the day with this obvious flaw. My mama assured me that I was" just like all the women in France "that men modeled the famous statues after. Well, that was a little less than reassuring considering I am no where near France!
She has reminded me time and time again...I am just like God wanted me to be ... curvy. Just about the time I try to do what Oprah suggest and "embrace my body image" someone says something to remind me of my less than normal backside! I could recount story after story of the humiliating things that have been said to me over the years. Lets see....there was the time a little boy said "Mama, that lady has a large body"......or how about the time at a party I was referred to as the dreaded "Bertha". Don't get me wrong....us curvy girls can attract men...but they are mostly perverts who exhibit less than gentlemanly qualities! I am blessed to be loved by a man who loves me "guts, feathers and all". And though I have the knowledge that in the end all that matters is what's on the inside....how you live your life.....I can't help but cringe when I hear Sir Mix A Lot singing "I like big butts".............

2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful! There is nothing wrong with your figure. And personally...I would rather have everything in my butt than in my gut...at least that way you don't have to look at it as much! ;) Also...the better to dance with! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey Chile, you are beautiful just the way you are. I know what you mean about attracting the pervs though. I can't seem to find anyone that's either under 70, not a foreigner, or not a perv. I love your post, but you are beautiful, don't forget it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete